- Pre-Breakfast: 1 cup chilled milk.
- Breakfast: Moong daal cheela with chopped spinach in it.
- Mid-morning: Lemonade with rock salt
- Lunch: wheat /jowar roti, green leafy vegetable, salad, buttermilk, flax seeds chutney
- Evening Snack: Banana. You could chop it and add a dash of lemon
- Dinner: Mixed dal khichdi , roasted papad
- Midnight hunger pangs: Handful of roasted chickpeas
- Pre-Breakfast: Soaked dry fruits and nuts
- Breakfast: Paratha with curd and ghee
- Mid-morning: Lassi
- Lunch: Multigrain rotis, seasonal vegetables, salad, pickles, dals and rice
- Evening Snack: Makhana , one seasonal fruit
- Dinner: Khichdi, pickle, papad, soups , multigrain stuffed parathas
- Midnight hunger pangs: Sesame , peanut jaggery laddoos
- Pre-Breakfast: Coconut milk
- Breakfast: Grain porridge
- Mid-morning: Tender coconut water
- Lunch: Multigrain roti, local vegetables, salad, chutneys, pickles
- Evening Snack: One local fruit, 1 glass milk
- Dinner: Khichadi, rice, dal, thalipeeth,
- Midnight hunger pangs: Pickle , soups, papad
Pre-Breakfast Snack Ideas For Pregnancy Diet
- Milk with a pinch of cardamom powder
- Soaked nuts and seeds
- One seasonal whole fruit
- Healthy Lemonade with with rock sugar powder and a pinch of salt
- Roasted peanuts
- Panchamrit ( 5 tsp cow milk, 1 tsp curd, 1 tsp honey, 1 tsp sugar, 2 tsp ghee)
- Poha with peanuts
- Oats upma
- Laapshi (Cracked-wheat daliya)
- Palak Idlia with coconut chutney and Sambhar
- Pesarattu / Whole Moong cheela
- Paneer paratha with curd
- Multigrain Thalipeeth
- A Kokum Beverage
- Tender coconut water
- Carrot spinach smoothie
- Peanut jaggery laddoo
- Roasted chickpeas and peanuts
- A bowl of puffed rice with peanuts
- Multigrain Thalipeeth with fresh green chutney. With a glass of healthy lemonade.
- Cheelas (moong, besan) with Tomato gojju: Packed with nutrients, it is yummy and a good break from a regular lunch plan.
- Lentils (moth beans, moong beans, black chickpeas, cowpeas) with lemon rice: You could sautee the lentils in onions and tomatoes and have them as a semi-dry side-dish with lemon rice. Don’t forget the roasted peanuts and curry leaves in the lemon rice.
- Leafy vegetables (moringa leaves, fenugreek leaves, dill leaves, amaranth leaves, spring onion) chopped and mixed with paratha dough. Or, sauteed with garlic and rolled in rotis. Add crumbled paneer.
- Rice and Dal Have some carrot sticks with it for the crunch.
- Mixed Dals (green gram, red gram, black gram, yellow split peas). Have as rotis or cheelas
- Porridges (emmer wheat, cassava, samo rice, semolina, sweet potato, white rice). Add some chopped veggies.
Evening Snacks Ideas
- Chikkis (amaranth jaggery chikki / peanut jaggery chikki / sesame peanut jaggery chikki)
- Laddoos : (emmer wheat, dry fruit, sesame, peanut jaggery, amaranth). Chopped dates can be added.
- Sprout bhel : Make a tangy mix of boiled sprouts with tamarind chutney.
- Makhana : They have anti-inflammatory properties, so roast a few, add seasoning of chaat masala or rock salt.
- Murmura bhel: Chop tomatoes, cucumbers, radish and toss in some roasted puffed rice.
- Fruit chaat: Your favourite fruits, chopped up and tossed with rock salt.
- Corn salad: Boiled corn seasoned with peri peri powder or just a dash of lemon is yummy.
- Slurpy Soup and Khichdi: Start with clear tomato soup, seasoned with coriander leaves. How about a bowl of hot khichadi, made with rice, moong-daal, seasoned with homemade ghee, and topped with grated paneer? A small portion of onion and carrot salad would be nice and crunchy!
- Chatpata Cheelas and Chaat: Cheela, papdi chaat
- Multigrain roti-Mushroom curry: Make them using wheat flour, rolled oats, and millets combined in equal proportion. You get your iron, protein, and fibre in one meal. Add chopped coriander, nigella seeds and salt in the dough.
- Local Focal (pumpkin, ridge gourd, okra, ivy gourd,moringa, french beans, lima beans): Freshly sauteed, locally-grown vegetables.
- Just Feeling Soupy: Mint coriander, tomato, spinach, mixed vegetable, carrot, rice, moong, pumpkin.
- Stuffed paratha: Choose a stuffing from paneer, cabbage, fenugreek, spinach, bottle gourd, radish. Use ghee to make.